In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, destination organizations around the world are increasingly surveying their local residents to understand their perspectives on tourism. Are residents concerned about inviting others to visit at a time when health and safety is of paramount importance? Do residents recognize how valuable tourism may be to their local economy? Now is a good time to establish a baseline metric from which destinations can track resident sentiment over time moving forward.
MMGY Travel Intelligence has developed an approach for conducting resident sentiment surveys that we can deploy within a week once approved. Read below to learn more.
Community Perspectives™ Overview
Starting around €10,000, the MMGY Travel Intelligence Community Perspectives™ study is designed to assess the sentiment of a destination’s local residents and, more specifically, garner their opinions of the impact tourism has on their community. The core survey probes areas that may impact tourism, including, but not limited to, topics such as:
- Tourism’s impact on destination infrastructure
- Tourism’s impact on local/regional economic growth
- Tourism’s impact on the local ecology/environment
- Tourism’s impact on city land use decisions
- Tourism’s impact on local traffic, parking and mobility
- Tourism’s impact on community ambiance/vibe
- Residents’ attitudes toward tourists
- Residents’ perceptions (positive/negative) of the local tourism industry
- The extent to which the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted perceptions of tourism
- The extent to which the tourism industry is seen as important to COVID-19 recovery
If you are interested in more details about custom survey questions or are interested in conducting a Community Perspectives™ study in your destination, contact Cees Bosselaar at firstname.lastname@example.org.